The first interments of cremated remains took place in the newly created Columbarium in 1958, but the “official” Dedication Service took place in 1961.
Towards the left of the picture is Albert Clayton, holding his Churchwarden’s staff. Next to him is Revd Michael Culliford curate (who lived in St Oswald’s House, Bollington Cross). The Bishop of Chester was Rt Revd Gerald Ellison (who went on to be Bishop of London). Next to the Bishop is Revd John St Hilary Mullett vicar, and next to him is Revd Trevor Hill curate. The man in the dark cassock towards the right of the photo is Harry Holland verger.