It is now possible to research a number of our parish registers on our main website here. The available records include:
Baptisms at St John’s, St Oswald’s and Holy Trinity Kerridge from 1834 to 2006 – a total of nearly 7,600 records.
Marriages at St John’s from 1838 to 1959 and St Oswald’s from 1937 to 1954 – a total of over 1,470 records. (There were no marriages at St Oswald’s before 1937, and no marriages at all at Holy Trinity Kerridge.) For the time being it is NOT proposed to publish more recent marriage records online for Data Protection reasons.
Burials at St John’s Churchyard and Columbarium from 1835 to 2017 – a total of about 8,000 records.
Memorial Inscriptions at St John’s Churchyard and Columbarium from 1835 to 2017 – over 1,400 records.
While researching for the page on Former Vicars of Bollington, this picture was obtained from the Bollington Photo Archive. It shows a group outside the former Holy Trinity Church, Kerridge.
There are two clergymen in the picture. On the left is Revd Reginald Norton Betts (vicar 1929-1937) standing next to Revd John Kingdon (vicar 1937 to 1947). We think that the picture was taken about 1946.
If you can name other people in the picture or fix the date or occasion, please let us know by e-mail.
Visit by some parishioners
Thanks to the kind hospitality of the present owner, a group of parishioners visited the former Holy Trinity Church in Kerridge this afternoon! The building has been imaginatively transformed into a delightful home which has kept all the beauty of the church whilst offering an incredibly versatile, warm and welcoming living space. May God bless all who dwell there, now and in the future!